Friday, April 2, 2010

Trying something new

First I just want to start this post by saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. Formspring is supposed to be a place to go to ask questions and get questions answered. Some people think that it is a fun place to harass your fellow cast members, anonymously. Remember we are all a family, you may not always like everyone in your family, but you shut your mouth and deal with it! It’s a freaking shirt people, leave her alone!

Now moving on, I am going to try something a little new on this post. I have noticed my blog is becoming, well boring, and I don’t like it so I am going to try to do something creative. I am stealing the idea from a few people’s blog but I am making it my own. So I am going to be doing an A-Z post but mine is going to be about influential people in Disney. I have the Official Encyclopedia of Disney A-Z from 1998. It is a little bit old, but these things don’t change. So here goes A


So I picked this guy because what it says about him, I thought people would find this interesting.

Bob Allen started out as a ride operator in Disneyland in 1955. He was promoted to manager for the Celebrity Sports Center in Denver. He later became the director of General Services at Disneyland in 1968 then moving to Disney World in 1970. He became the Vice President of Resorts on January 1, 1977. Here he was promoted to Vice President of Walt Disney World until his death in 1987. He became a Disney Legend in 1996.

So I thought this was so cool because he started out as a ride operator, just like so many of us CM, and became the Vice President of WDW!!! That is pretty awesome. Just goes to show you what can happen when you put your mind to it. Also with a little Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust! Here is his Disney Legend site http://legends.disney.go.com/legends/detail?key=Bob+Allen

Tony Anselmo is an animator that has worked with Disney since 1980. He has worked on projects such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Tarzan and so many more. The really neat thing about him is he was the apprentice to Clarence Nash (the original voice of Donald Duck) for three years. When Clarence Nash died in 1985 he took over and is still the voice of Donald Duck! Tony was inducted into the Disney Legend Hall of Fame in 2009.
Here is the link to his page http://legends.disney.go.com/legends/detail?key=Tony+Anselmo


Last I picked one of my favorite people from Disney:

Howard Ashman was a lyricist who worked with Alan Menken(who may be my favorite person at Disney besides Walt) on movie such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. He received an Oscar for his work on Beauty and the Beast. Sadly he died before the awards were handed out. He died on March 14, 1991 at the age of 40. He was inducted to the Disney Legend in 2001. Here is the link to his page. http://legends.disney.go.com/legends/detail?key=Howard+Ashman

Let me know if you guys like this or think it is stupid. Because I don't want to waste my time (or yours) doing something no one wants to read! Also I love Formspring questions!

Have a Magical Day!

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I just want you to know that I complete agree with you about formspring. Actually, last night I commented on it in my blog too. This is part of why I was so hesitant to communicate with people before getting down there. I'm glad so many people see how childish it is to act that way though. Props to you for speaking up about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kayla and you too! Really people I mean it is crazy.

    ReplyDelete