Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2 Weeks Down!

So 2 weeks down, a bajillion to go!!! No really only 22 (before I arrive) and I am pretty sure it will FLY by. (Here's hoping) So the shopping bug has bit me and I can't stop trying to buy things for the program. My mom thinks its too early but I don't want to be spending hundreds of dollars in July, when I am trying to go on vacation, to buy things. I bought a new bedspread and sheets this weekend because I have a full bed so I need a smaller set! I love it it is purple with flowers! I love purple!!! I also bought a cardigan I am planning on wearing to traditions. If you look back at my traditions polyvore post its the cardigan in the picture!

I keep trying to focus on school but knowing that you are leaving in 5 short months doesn't help! Everytime I go on the computer to do school work I get sidetracked with facebook and blogger and the DISboards! I will go on to check my email and THREE hours later I am still on there!!! I think I need to be better disciplined!

I can't believe it has already been two weeks since I found out I got in! It feels like only yesterday I was sitting at this exact table when I got the email! Me and my roommate Brynn have been deciding what we are going to need and what we are each bringing that the other one doesn't need. I am lucky because she already has an apartment so she has a coffee maker and toaster and a small tv for our room! I really wanted a tv but didn't want to spend $100 on one right now. When we get down there if all the roommates want to go in on a tv for the living room I would definitely be good with giving some money for that!

So I am rambling again. I really don't have a ton to talk about yet but it feels like it has been a while since I actually had a post pertaining to my progress with the cp.

I emailed recruiting on Sunday to tell then that I would prefer a park over a resort or waterpark. I had my dad proof read it so it didn't sound like a demand. I have not heard anything yet but I heard it takes a few days. I also emailed housing yesterday to ask about roommate notification. I want to post the email I received in hopes it helps other people too.

This is the email I sent:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Laura Metzger and I have been accepted to the WDW Fall 2010 College Program. I am very excited to be able to embark on this once in a lifetime opportunity. I had a question concerning the roommate matching. It says on the website that "You will also have the option of entering someone else's applicant number to be matched with that person". It also says my days are not eligible to participate in roommate matching program. I already have someone that I wish to room with, and I was wondering if, even though we are not eligible, we could still be linked as roommates? My application number is xxxxxxxx. If you could please contact me in regards to this matter that would be greatly appreciated. Again I am very grateful for this opportunity and I can not wait to join the Walt Disney World team!

Sincerely,
Laura Metzger

The response:

Greetings Laura,

Thank you for your email. You are correct; the room-mate matching system for the fall semester has not yet been activated. While we do not yet have a date set for the activation, you will receive an email from the Disney College Program team when the system is up and running and your arrival date is eligible. At that time you will be able to log in and opt in to the room-mate matching system to request to live with your friend. If for some reason your arrival date does not get selected to participate in the room-mate matching system this does not mean that you will be unable to live with your friend. If that situation should occur we would advise you and your friend to arrive to check-in together and go through the process with each other. When you meet with the housing placement coordinator you may request to be placed into the same apartment unit. We thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to seeing you in the fall.

Have a magical day!,

Katie

I hope this helps other people who have questions regarding roommate matching!

That all I guess for right now!

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment