Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Entry!

WARNING: I have horrible grammar and spelling. I always have long run on sentences and I apologize now to anyone who this annoys. English is my first language but my mother jokes that it is mumble. Also I don't really like English(as in writing) hence the whole engineering thing! Enjoy!

Hi everyone! So this is my first blog EVER! LOL Be nice. So I decided after reading so many of your lovely blogs that I would start one of my own. I am going to start with telling you just a little about me.

My name is Laura and I am a 21 year old female. I live right outside of the city of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania (Not to be confused with Pittsburg California!) We are one of the only burg's with an h at the end! Fascinating. Anywho I love all things Disney and have for my entire life. I am currently attending the local community college and plan to transfer to PITT after the program is over. I am a Mechanical Engineering major and my dream is to work at Disney as an Imagineer when I get out of school. I want to use the CP as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

On to the program! (If you can't tell I love "!!!!!") I applied last fall for the Spring program and sadly did not get accepted. I only put down about 4 roles I was willing to do and I think that was my downfall. This time, however, I went back over all the roles and really thought about what each entailed and if I was willing to do them. After the reassessment I pick a whopping 11 roles! As not to bore you with the details I will just tell you my top 4.
They are:
1. FSFB
2. Attractions
3. Merch
4. Custodial
I really do feel I have a good chance with FSFB because I currently (and always have) worked at an Italian restaurant as a hostess. I got the job in high school and have stayed ever since 4 years later. I am the head hostess, if you can call it that, and currently run 2 other hostesses. We are a very small restaurant but I love it.

Last time I applied I did not pick FSFB because I wanted to try something new, then I decided that working at Disney is something new! So I applied the third day applications were up and because I have applied in the last 6 months I didn't have to retake the online interview portions! That was very nice. I had my interview on last Monday (January 25) at 3. The lady I had was very nice (much nicer than the lay I had last time). I did not, however, catch her name so I can not tell you it. The interview is a slight haze to me but I know I felt good after. I may post more about it later but not right this second. This is now my 9th day of waiting and it already is killing me!

Well I really don't want to ramble on in my first post but because I have already started the process there is some things I needed to catch everyone up on.

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment